Thursday, February 7, 2008

Welcome friends, students, cheap fools and broke folks

So there are many levels of fun and adventure you can get into here. It is as simple as what do you want out of it? I'm a simple man with needs of cheap drinks, cheaper food and good friends. Now that "good friend" idea is pivotal, because I could do just about anything with the right folks...If this guy were my friend I would enter any pillow fight in town.

My point is, after finishing an $8.99 bottle of E and J spilt between three or so heads the fun ensues without dumping all of that pocket change I'm living on. And if you don't drink then you just saved three bucks. That's a loaf of bread right there! Or a load of laundry, or maybe even two rides on the Muni to get you to and from that pillow fight.



With the help from you, good cheap fun about the city will be spotlighted. So your next time out won't be your last till your next paycheck.

Sf Pillow Fight 2008

Taco Tuesday and Movie Night

Maybe I'll see you there...

8 comments:

Shera said...

This blog is fun. A side bar with a list of local "cheap" resources would be in order. It would be really fun if you kept adding photos taken during your cheap (mis)adventures --like the splash page photo of you.

JiratuX said...

I love that you are plugging the pillowfight. I'm totally going! But yeah, your blog shows potential. It would be cool if you laid it out bit by bit, price by price. It would be cool to get like a walk through of a free day in the city or something like that.

I had an idea of an example but it is actually a video which I can't put up but here's a link to the video(it's a spoof but it gets my point across)

Check out our website! said...

It’s nice to know that there are places one can go in the city without spending so much money. GoOd LoOkiNg OuT! As a student who knows about cutting corners and collecting chump change, it’s great that you are providing links of places to go. You might want to consider informing us about other places in the Bay Area where people can go and not spend any money. For example, if you are on a date and the girl you are dating loves flowers, why not take her to the Morcom Rose Garden in Oakland.

Amanda Mac said...

This blog seems very familiar to me. I am an intern at CBS News and intern for Jeanette Pavini. Jeanette is a tv personality and has her own 30 minute show which is called "Bay Area Bargains" she also does all of the
Consumer Watch segments. A lot of the time I find myself calling around to Bay Area stores to find out what current bargains they have going on!

Tony Fantano said...

Good Idea for your blog. I am all over this one your doing good. Our Blogs should communicate I talk about free underground rock going down at house party's in San Francisco. Check out Golden Gator Rockers

From Tony

Jeannine said...

Can't wait to read about more cheap fun things to do. Maybe even some reviews? I found this blog called My Open Bar during our first blog-searching assignment, you should check it out. According to this blog there is a free Big Lebowski Party tonight in SF. You should go have a White Russian and let us know how it was.

Mike O said...

There are all kinds of free and cheap events listed in the local rags but who has time to track them all down and sort out the good stuff?

Josh Muller said...

I love your blog and love what seems to be your lifestyle even more. Too many of my friends like to go out to bars and party, which I also love, but I like my bank account too. People need to realize that they can party just as hard by getting beer from a market somewhere. You seem to understand this. Right on. This link has nothing to do with what I just wrote, but from what I've read, I think you will like it.