Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Let you in on a little something

Doing your thing out in San Francisco is not cheap by any means. I don’t know about you, but it does start to wear on me after awhile. You need to find those little things that get you by everyday. Even if it is the littlest thing that may not numerically amount to that much. I will fill you in on a little secret, here. Paper towels are God’s gift to the broke. This is my little victory that I relish everyday.

There is nothing you can't do with papers towels. Paper towels are my favorite tool. The uses are countless and then you just throw them out till you meet your next obstacle. Need to hold a sandwich? Forget the plate and use a paper towel. Need to clean something up? Skip the laundry and use a paper towel. Don’t feel like buying toilet paper this week? Be gentle and use a paper towel. I think you all get where I am going with this paper towel rant. But I am not going to stop there, because I think I am on to something. Need a telescope? You called it, grab a roll of paper towels. Need a friend? You have a loyal one in paper towels.

So it may be clear that I am loosing my mind, and I am not really going to argue with that. So I will move on to another little secret you might actually find useful. And based on earlier posts, you would just think that I’ll share another cheap spot to drink at. I will give your liver a break this week, because it is time to get cultured. Museums are scattered everywhere in the city, and are there supporting our lack on money.

For the longest time I had no idea about how the first Tuesday (and in some cases Wednesday) of every month has selected SF museums with free admission. You read it right. You can be a kid at the Exploratorium once again for no cost on the first Wednesday. On the first Tuesday you can get into the Cartoon Art Museum, the SF Museum of Modern Art, the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Gallery, and the Legion of Honor to name a few. Take advantage of these days, so you can feel smarter and not talk to paper towels.

Also, I have to share this for all of you Nintendo Wii addicts. There will be a Super Smash Bros Brawl tournament with prizes and no entry cost, on April 5th. The gamers out there might enjoy this, and are lucky I don’t own a Wii.

Once again everyone, feel free to share some of your cheaper hobbies, adventures, and clever ways of surviving the city on a dime. We are all in this one together, and any advice could make someone’s day just a little more affordable and enjoyable.


1 comment:

Mike O said...

Dude! I am totally into paper towels! It seems everyday I sneeze or have a ones are the kind they have in some really upscale hotels, they're some sci-fi cloth/paper hybrid you can't even buy in stores. When I drove a cab I used to roll up on the Fairmont and have my way with them, cheapo style. Of course these don't come on a roll, far too gauche!